We Respect Your Privacy
At NightQuarter* the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
Our aim is to provide this information to you in an open and transparent manner, so that you can make informed decisions about your dealings with us.
What kinds of personal information does NightQuarter collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
• your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
• your email address;
• your date of birth;
• your gender;
• transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
• credit card details, if you make a purchase with us or choose to have these stored in your online My NightQuarter account to make the checkout process faster;
• your My NightQuarter username;
• any preferences that you select; and
• any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does NightQuarter collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
• make a purchase through our network which includes our website, mobile site, NightQuarter App, Sparkies Carnival, or box offices;
• register as a My NightQuarter member via our website, mobile site or NightQuarter App;
• participate in a NightQuarter survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
• indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from NightQuarter;
• use certain features accessible from the NightQuarter App;
• make an inquiry or a complaint;
• have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
• people making a purchase on your behalf;
• our business clients such as box office partners; or
• third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business.
How does NightQuarter hold personal information?
NightQuarter may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both.
This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties.
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
NightQuarter protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Data collected online is stored in a protected, secure data centre that is unreachable by the internet. NightQuarter encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during internet transactions.
NightQuarter also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems.
NightQuarter employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by NightQuarter as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing NightQuarter systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which NightQuarter may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, NightQuarter only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which NightQuarter collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
• to process and fulfil your purchases from us;
• to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets;
• to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
• managing your dealings with us as a NightQuarter member;
• so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
• detecting and preventing fraud;
• for business research and development of new products and services;
• to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
• displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
• verifying your identity;
• so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
• to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, NightQuarter may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your NightQuarter communication preferences in a number of ways, including through use of your My NightQuarter account if you are an online customer; or by contacting our Management Team.
In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our Management Team.
Sometimes NightQuarter extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. NightQuarter uses the aggregated data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
Who might NightQuarter disclose my personal information to?
NightQuarter may disclose your personal information:
• to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. NightQuarter may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals.
• to third party ticket sellers, like Oztix, who assist us to sell tickets to some of our events and from whom you may purchase tickets to our events. NightQuarter discloses your personal information to such organisations for operational purposes and also because from time to time they may choose to provide you with information about future events by ordinary post. If you consent, these organisations may use this information to provide you with promotional and marketing material about events via email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organisations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can contact NightQuarter’s Management Team directly;
Otherwise, NightQuarter will only disclose your personal information:
• where we are required to do so by law;
• if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
• if you have consented to the disclosure.
What happens if NightQuarter does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, or of using a pseudonym, when you deal with NightQuarter.
For most events, you may be able to make a cash transaction at NightQuarter without providing personal information.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you. For example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
To enhance your experience when using our website or mobile site, these cookies may automatically collect information from you such as your postcode, preferences, region and sign in username.
If you use the ‘Remember Me’ feature during the My NightQuarter ‘sign in’ process, the cookies will also store your sign in username.
Our website and mobile site may also carry third party cookies, which automatically collect anonymous information from you, such as your demographics and interests.
This information may be disclosed to third parties for the purpose of providing you, and others, with a more targeted advertising experience both on and off the NightQuarter website or mobile site.
Sometimes our website or mobile site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information.
When you access a website which is not under our care and control, please understand that NightQuarter is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, NightQuarter has relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit our website or mobile site, ad serving companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that NightQuarter holds about you and seek its correction.
If you are a NightQuarter member, you are able to access or correct some of your personal information by logging onto our website (www.NightQuarter.com.au) or mobile site (m.NightQuarter.com.au).
If you are not a My NightQuarter member, so that your request reaches the right person, please send it to our Management Team. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport.
We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information.
We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days.
There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and How to Contact our Management Team
Our Management Team can be contacted by:
• e-mail at hello@NightQuarter.com.au
• facsimile on (07) 3112 4201
• letter to PO Box 1092, New Farm QLD 4005
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last updated 20 November, 2015.
*NightQuarter is a trading name of Food Focus Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 30 146 747 686